You’ve just booked some dirt cheap flights, but there might be a few things you aren’t aware of. While low cost flying is pretty great, it does come at a price of its own.
- Food not included. Meals and snacks are almost always extra when you’re paying the minimal amount for a flight. In some cases, you have to book ahead or you don’t even get to pay for food.
- Drinks not included. Depending on the flight, you may not be able to even get a glass of water for free. Some airlines will only provide bottled water . . . for a cost.
- No entertainment. If you’re paying rock bottom prices, you can expect minimal, or no, entertainment in the cabin.
- Fees on top. Often, the base price of a plane ticket looks great, but by the time you’ve added on all the taxes and fees, it’s suddenly not such a great price after all. In fact, it may even be more than your average flight.
- Lack of comfort. Minimal prices mean minimal amenities. Cheaper planes tend to cram the seats together to fit more people in, which means less leg room and less comfort in general.
Is it really worth it to opt for cheap flights? That’s a question only you can answer, once you’re aware of everything you’re truly getting.