Hybrid cars are rapidly growing in popularity, but there’s still a lot of misconceptions about these vehicles. Do you know everything about these green cars?
- Hybrid cars have longer warranties. These vehicles are so reliable that they usually come with a five year warranty, whereas regular vehicles come with just three years.
- The car parts tend to last longer. Hybrid vehicles use long-lasting parts which require less maintenance. Even the brakes are designed to avoid wear and tear.
- Save up to 35% of your fuel. The fuel efficiency of a hybrid isn’t just about using electric. The vehicles actually switch between methods as needed to give you optimum performance.
- Electric motors use nickel metal hydride batteries. What does that mean? These batteries can be recycled 100% and leave virtually no toxins behind. They really are green.
- Hybrid cars have been around since 1902. That’s when Ferdinand Porsche built the very first working hybrid. It was called Mixte.
Most car dealerships can help you choose the right hybrid for your needs, but the fact is, these eco-cars are here to stay. They provide bigger savings on gas, as well as considerably less impact on the environment.