It’s not difficult to register a website address, but if you don’t know all the tips and tricks, you could end up spending more time and money than intended.
1. Find a coupon code. You can usually find coupons for domains and webhosting which will save you quite a bit of money.
2. Do your research. Cheap isn’t better if you end up spending more time trying to troubleshoot. Make sure your hosting company is well reviewed and has minimal down time.
3. Consider all your options. There’s no reason domains and webhosting have to be with the same company. Check your options and split the two up if necessary.
4. Look at upcoming costs. A number of website domain and hosting companies offer low cost options for the first month or year, but those costs skyrocket once your initial term is up.
5. Skip the long-term contract. Often, you’ll be offered a much better deal if you sign up for more than a year with a company. It may seem like a good deal, but it’s not a good idea to get locked into a contract when you’re not familiar with the company.
When you register a website address, it’s essential that you choose the right registrar. Likewise, do your research on the hosting company you choose. While you can change later, it’s much easier to pick the correct company the first time around.